Vacancy Announcement for the Position of Scientific Officer(s)
The Indo-U.S. Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF), established under an agreement between the Governments of India and the United States of America in March 2000, is an autonomous, not for profit society that promotes and catalyzes bilateral collaborations in science, technology, engineering and biomedical research through substantive interaction among government, academia and industry.
IUSSTF invites applications for the position of Scientific Officer(s) equivalent to the position of Scientist (C, D or E) in a Scientific Department / Institution in India as per the details given below. Preference will be given to candidates willing to come on lien/deputation basis from their parent organization (to mitigate any distress arising on account of fixed tenure-based nature of the position).
- Tenure of Appointment: The position will be a purely contractual assignment for a fixed 3-year period only.
- Essential Qualifications: Doctorate Degree in Natural/Agricultural/Engineering Sciences or Master’s degree in Engineering or Technology from a recognized University or equivalent.
- Minimum of 05 years’ experience (post essential qualification) preferably in the area of “Science Administration and Grant Management” over the entire life-cycle of R&D projects/programs in Government of India Scientific Departments or similar Institutions.
- Remuneration & other benefits: Salary and Position offered will be commensurate to the candidate’s qualification, experience and overall merit/suitability vis-à-vis the nature and requirement of the job. Candidates hailing from Government Organizations on deputation basis will be offered parity with prevailing pay structures in the Govt. of India.
- Age limit for the position: Not exceeding 45 years.
- Duty location will be in New Delhi, India.
- In lieu of housing, a House Rent Allowance (HRA) as admissible for the position will be paid.
- Application procedure: Interested candidates should send the completed application as per the prescribed format to email@example.com by 15th February 2017.
- IUSSTF reserves the right to fill vacancies arising subsequent to this advertisement under this recruitment process until the validity date of the panel of recommended candidates in the main list or waiting list. IUSSTF also reserves the right to cancel the recruitment without assigning any reason.
- The prescribed essential qualifications are minimum and the mere possession of the same does not entitle candidates to be called for interview. If the number of applications received in response to advertisement is large, IUSSTF may restrict the number of candidates to be called for interview to a reasonable limit through a shortlisting process based on a well-defined criteria which may include possession of desirable qualifications and / or experience prescribed in the advertisement and / or qualifications / experience in a particular field as per the specific requirements of IUSSTF. No correspondence will be entertained from candidates who are not called for interview. Canvassing in any form will result in disqualification of candidate.
- Outstation candidates called for interview will be paid Second AC railway fare for the shortest route for the to & fro journey subject to production of railway tickets receipt.
- Candidates working in Government Departments / Public Sector Undertakings / Autonomous Organizations should apply through the proper channel along with NOC from the competent authority within the prescribed last date of receiving applications. Such applications will not be considered, if received after the prescribed last date for receiving the applications. However, if an advance copy is submitted by the Applicant to the IUSSTF before the last date, the same would be considered in anticipation that the application through proper channel along with NOC would be received by the date of interview.
- Applications received after the closing date or received incomplete in any respect are liable to be summarily rejected. No representation against such rejections will be entertained.
- The duly filled in applications in the prescribed format should be forwarded through email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15th February 2017 in PDF form.