Women Entrepreneurs Quest 2016
Women Entrepreneur Quest 2016
Top 10 winners of WEQ 2016 will be awarded an all-expenses-paid experiential learning visit to Silicon Valley, US.
Don’t miss this opportunity to apply for the annual startup contest, the Women Entrepreneur Quest (WEQ) 2016 that will be held in December 2016. Started in 2011, WEQ identifies and rewards talented women entrepreneurs who are founders of technical ventures. WEQ is not just a popular contest but a comprehensive platform that provides mentoring, learning and networking opportunities for real business growth.
WEQ 2016 is sponsored by the Anita Borg Institute India (ABI India) and the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India. The Indo-US Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF) also plays an integral role in supporting and organizing WEQ 2016. ABI India, DST and IUSSTF have been in a joint partnership and successfully organizing the WEQ contest since 2014.
Eligibility Criteria for WEQ 2016
- The applicant must be a woman
- The applicant must be a founder/co-founder of an early stage technology startup
- The startup must be an Indian operating and registered entity
- The primary business focus of the startup needs to be in the technology domain and can cover any sector of technology such as the Internet, Mobile, Clean Tech, Web-based applications, Cloud, IT Enabled Services, Agriculture, Education, Financial Inclusion, Healthcare Applications, Social Media and so on.
- Finalists (Top 6) from past WEQ contests are not eligible to apply
For more details about WEQ 2016 and to apply, please visit:
Last date for application submission is October 16, 2016.