Indo-U.S. Science & Technology Forum (IUSSTF)
New Delhi, India
The Indo-U.S. Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF) (https://www.iusstf.org) is an autonomous bilateral organization established in 2000 by the governments of the United States of America and India through an inter-governmental agreement. IUSSTF’s vision is to foster “Excellence in Science, Technology and Innovation space through collaborative initiatives between India and the United States of America.”
IUSSTF manages a diverse portfolio of activities ranging from scientific networks, research in basic and applied sciences, visitation programs, and innovation/entrepreneurship programs. IUSSTF is a lean organization consisting of a Core Science and Program Team ably supported by a Finance, Accounts and Administrative Unit. IUSSTF invites applications for the position of Controller to head the Finance, Accounts and Administrative Unit. The ideal candidate for this position would be an innovative, creative and self-driven individual who would be able to contribute to the Organization’s larger strategic goals and aspirations. This individual would report directly to the Executive Director, IUSSTF.
- Essential Qualifications: Indian National with a Postgraduate degree with a specialization in Finance/ Project Management or a Professional Degree (MBA/CS/CA/ICWA) from a reputed educational institution.
- Essential Experience: Minimum work experience of 15 years in an administrative / financial capacity, preferably in the not-for profit sector / NGOs/ foundations.
- Required Competencies:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to lead and manage the Finance, Accounts and Administrative unit.
- An in-depth understanding of Government of India rules/regulations and policies.
- Familiarity with Accounting Standards and Systems.
- Experience in developing and implementing human resources policies, as well as managing staff wellness and performance reviews.
- Ability to synthesize data, develop visual and graphical representations for reports and presentations.
- Experience in project management & monitoring and the ability to interface between the Scientific/Programmatic operation and the Finance/Accounts team.
- Familiarity with US Government policies.
- Familiarity with CSR guidelines.
- Experience in dealing with International cooperation activities in organizations/Government bodies.
- Roles and Responsibilities:
- Leading the Finance, Accounts, and Administrative functions.
- Providing oversight for the financial reporting process, working with the Internal Auditor & Statutory Auditors.
- Framing policies for Internal Controls and Compliance.
- Implementing and Reviewing HR policies.
- Financial Planning and preparation of reports for the Financial Review Committee and the IUSSTF Board.
- Serving as the liaison between IUSSTF and Funding Agencies, Foundations.
- Ensuring compliance with all applicable regulatory & legal requirements.
- Age Limit: The age of the candidate should be not more than 55 years at the time of application.
- Terms of Contract: The position is contractual in nature and would be renewed every three years, unless summarily terminated due to reasons of poor performance, indiscipline/insubordination, the financial health of the organization or any other reason.
- Probation: The employee shall be on probation for a minimum period of six months before confirmation. The confirmation may be delayed in case the employee’s performance is not up to the desired standards. During the probation, the employee shall be entitled to normal compensation offered. In case the employee does not improve his/her performance even during the extended period of probation, he/she shall be terminated by giving the requisite notice.
- Remuneration: The remuneration package will be on a CTC basis commensurate with qualifications, skills, experience, merit, aptitude and potential of the candidate to carry out the objectives of the organization. The CTC package will be in the starting range of Rs. 20 lacs per annum plus other benefits as per the organization’s norms / regulations. A higher salary in the specified grade range may be considered for exceptional candidates as per the discretion of the recruitment & selection committee constituted for the selection of the position.
- To apply: Please apply only if you fulfil all the “essential qualifications & requirements” as described for the position. To apply, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following documents:
- Application in the prescribed format (Click Here to Download the Format)
- Brief CV (limit 2 pages only).
- A 1-page narrative elaborating why you think you would be the ideal candidate for this position with reference to the “Key competencies” and “Roles and Responsibilities” described above.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for further processing. IUSSTF reserves the right not to hire anyone or re-advertise if a suitable person is not found. All recruitments will be made purely based on qualifications, experience, merit, and aptitude of the candidates. IUSSTF is an equal opportunity employer and employs personnel without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, language, citizenship, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.